Well, if i had a gun near by, i'd definitely use that rather than the former 2.
So here's the deal: i needed to send an object over the wire, and i decided on using Json. First pick: DataContractJsonSerializer. What i wanted to serialize is Filter definitions.
The way i decided on doing it is using a nice wrapper over DataContractJsonSerializer which would just take known types and do the serialization or deserialization. So basically this unit test should work
However, it fails miserably. It seems that DataContranctJsonSerializer has a problem with implicit conversion of types, even though the Date type is...